Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Elements

(of power)

Wow. I totally didn't mean to type that for my (), but it just came out of my fingers. Hahahaha. Wow!
Just another example of how sometimes, when the muse speaks, you are merely the conduit of greatness.

I love the feel of wind in my hair. Love it. It is one of the times I feel connected to nature. It feels like I can feel the breath of Mother Nature upon me, and get a sense of whether she is content or annoyed or sad.
I love marveling at the strength of the wind, at its abrupt rise in power and changes in direction. I love watching people scurry in the street, trying to find cover, knocked out of their almost permanent sense that man has tamed nature and that weather is a mere annoyance as papers and debris are blown everywhere.
I love how I feel in it. It is one of the times that I feel the most alive.
This probably goes hand-in-hand with my love of thunderstorms. A few days ago I was home alone when a BOOM shook me out of watching TV. I went to the window in time to see the first sheet of rain in a torrential thunderstorm wash over the world. I grabbed my laptop and a chair, dragged both down the steps, and sat out on the front porch, the rain pelting my feet as I typed in the warm summer rain amidst a lightning storm that would put any human fireworks display to shame. Beautiful.

The power of current and movement in a river, so strong that it's all you can do to stand and not be swept downriver, same as any leaf or twig... the swaying of a world of trees out my window when I drive through the Blue Mountains on the turnpike... the beauty of a blanket of pristine snow, icicles dangling off tree limbs like cold wind chimes.

The Elements of power and beauty, indeed.

Labels: ,