Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Live While You Can

(the clock is ticking)

I'm meeting with Martin tonight, and (yet again) I have nothing new of The Flames of Resistance to bring to him. My muse is extremely unhappy with me for this. I've tried to explain to her the fact that I have work and two final projects due this Saturday, which is the reason I'm taking a vacation half-day today to go home and work, but she's still not wild about the situation. I've promised her a full writing spree after classes are done, and she's happy about that situation. And yes, my muse is a 'she'. I have no idea why this is. I didn't decide it.
But nonetheless I'm seeing Martin tonight without material. This is not a problem in and of itself because we've been concentrating so hard on hammering out the script. It's almost fully drafted and just needs editing help. I hope that we can have it all ready to go by the time that Margaret comes down, because she'll then be able to cast her eye at the entire script and see how it reads with much-needed distance from its creation. If we don't have it done, however, she won't get the full effect and most likely be confused, and it will derail everything we're trying to go for. So we're going to try and make sure at least a rough draft is completed for every scene.

Martin also mentioned he's bringing three stories tonight. He's working on two 'stories' now: Hunt For The Holocron, his movie, and Nione (working title), his fantasy novel which is in the very beginnings of its creation. He has spent years on the movie. (If you want to see the testament to his vision and his and a lot of other people's hard work, check out www.spitzfire.com.) But I have no idea what the third one is... unless... hoping against hope... it's the Holy Blue Copy, the last surviving hard copy of The Gate of Dragons. My fantasy story. In raw raw raw four years ago format, but it is the only thing that has the old ending to TGOD, which I lost to a computer virus two years ago. Martin has not been able to find the Holy Blue Copy for months, but is convinced it is somewhere in his house. I hope against hope that that is it!

I got to have some nice conversations last night with a wide variety of people. I got to talk to a couple friends who I don't get to talk to nearly enough. Julie was having a tough day, as she didn't have a Christmas Tree and I was getting mine last night. It's about 2 feet tall, but it's real and I like it a lot. I think Julie just missed having a Christmas tree, because she and her dad would cut down a tree together every year and they won't be able to this year.
But she's a girl, what do I know? ;)

I'm excited about the (admittedly outside) possibility of seeing the Holy Blue Copy for the first time in years. It's one of the reminders of two of my favorite stories, The Trineians and The Elementals, which I was reading at the same time. Those were such fun, well-written stories. My work has little shout outs to each of them, and as well they should.
Wow! Just thinking about those stories brings me back. I remember their plots and their characters to this day. What great times.

Would that I find my story so I can experience it again!

Labels: , ,