Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It's A Hockey Night

(in Pittsburgh)

Tonight from the Mellon Arena... the Pittsburgh Penguins... versus the New Jersey Devils!
Well, ok, it's not at the Mellon Arena, but the new NHL season is here and I am more excited about it than I have ever been before. The salary cap - fair economics! - the crackdown on interference - fair refereeing! - the changes in the game - exciting offense - well... let's just say my vacation has been moved around because of how excited I am about this Pens season. I have a 20-game plan, a TV that gets FSN Pittsburgh and OLN and the only thing I need is a vintage Pens jersey. (Perhaps of Ron Francis?)
Man am I pumped!

Match 4 of the Fall Season of Dodgeball was last night, against archrival Heinz. It was a hard fought, bitter match, one that we ended up tieing, 5-5. Not too shabby for being down 5-1 and playing subless the entire night against the best team in the league. Just like last season, we are trying to hawk down Heinz for the #1 seed in the league. In the summer we did just before the playoffs, beat our first round matchup and won the finals in the last game on the last throw, 6-5, for an astonishing come-from-behind Dodgeball Championship. Now, we want to repeat, and we're following the same script. So far, so good!

Sadly, just when blogging was really helping me and I was having a lot of fun with it, I have to go on vacation. Thursday-Saturday is Golf-o-rama for the Frailey family (my mom's side) and I am expected to attend, representing the "youngins" of the group. I will be coming back on Sunday to three days with the Moulden 108 crew, which will just be awesome.

The stuff to do this week!
- Sunday Guys Fantasy Football Madness
- Steelers Monday Night Football
- Tuesday Dodgeball
- Wednesday Seeing Off Of Margaret

It's MADNESS I tell you! MADNESS!

And as a last important note, after seeing Men In Black with Dave Wilson at the apartment, I am following in the legendary footsteps of Mike, Grace, and Rosie in being able to quote MIB at will.
A pet cat!