And I'll Buy You A Hat
(a big one)
I got complimented on my blog entry by someone last night. I was absolutely floored by some of the kind words I received. They told me I should send it in to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Really, such a nice compliment.
Last night, after writing said blog entry, I entered an online poker tournament. I never play for real money, only fake online chips. It was a 45 person knockout tournament, so the pressure was on, because once you were out, you were out. And I made it to the final table, finishing 5th and in the money! Well, the fake money anyway. But still, good to see the skills are still there. A lot of fun too.
The quote from above is from Pirates of the Carribean. My sisters, particularly Grace, are huge fans of that movie. As am I. Johnny Depp gave a career-defining performance that literally makes me hold my sides. The way he played Captain Jack Sparrow was brilliant, and it says worlds that he received an Academy Award nomination for an action-comedy, a genre unheard of getting a nomination in the prestigious Academy Awards. But there he was. He was that good. Hence why the new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has a slim chance of success (upgraded from none). Replacing Gene Wilder, of course, is impossible. No one will ever be able to be that totally strange and brilliant as he was in the original Willy Wonka, and of course, Young Frankenstein. But if Johnny Depp pulls out another performance like that... at least there's a chance.
Today, for the first time in four or five days, I can talk. It's wondrous. Although I have been learning a little bit of sign language from my coworker. Thankfully, my typing skills were not affected. That would ruin work and writing... not to mention this blog.
Simple entry today. Those, sometimes, are the best.
...But why is the rum gone?!?
I got complimented on my blog entry by someone last night. I was absolutely floored by some of the kind words I received. They told me I should send it in to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Really, such a nice compliment.
Last night, after writing said blog entry, I entered an online poker tournament. I never play for real money, only fake online chips. It was a 45 person knockout tournament, so the pressure was on, because once you were out, you were out. And I made it to the final table, finishing 5th and in the money! Well, the fake money anyway. But still, good to see the skills are still there. A lot of fun too.
The quote from above is from Pirates of the Carribean. My sisters, particularly Grace, are huge fans of that movie. As am I. Johnny Depp gave a career-defining performance that literally makes me hold my sides. The way he played Captain Jack Sparrow was brilliant, and it says worlds that he received an Academy Award nomination for an action-comedy, a genre unheard of getting a nomination in the prestigious Academy Awards. But there he was. He was that good. Hence why the new Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory has a slim chance of success (upgraded from none). Replacing Gene Wilder, of course, is impossible. No one will ever be able to be that totally strange and brilliant as he was in the original Willy Wonka, and of course, Young Frankenstein. But if Johnny Depp pulls out another performance like that... at least there's a chance.
Today, for the first time in four or five days, I can talk. It's wondrous. Although I have been learning a little bit of sign language from my coworker. Thankfully, my typing skills were not affected. That would ruin work and writing... not to mention this blog.
Simple entry today. Those, sometimes, are the best.
...But why is the rum gone?!?

<< Home