Bill Cowher's Moustache
(and the Pittsburgh Steelers with a baseball bat)
This entry is an absurdly early one. Why? Because this sickness, which just won't totally go away, has kept me up all night. It's been a completely awful night, one filled with chills and fever dreams, which I think are my least favorite part of being sick. Really awful.
And I really need my rest, too. Why is that? Only because
I AM GOING TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Can you believe it?!? Absolutely incredible!! This is all because of my dad, who has utterly lost his mind this season. A member of my family goes to a Steeler's game once every year at most. Usually, any given member of my family goes to one Pirates, Steelers, or Penguins game total in a given year. However, during the 1991 Stanley Cup run, my dad went nuts. He called in every favor he had accumulated, pulled every string he had and was going to every other home playoff game there was. It paid off, culminating in the Penguins' first Stanley Cup ever.
Fast forward to 2004. Sensing a special season, the likes of which happen once every couple of decades, my dad has once again lost his mind and is calling in every favor and pulling every string he has. And apparently he has a lot. My grandmother, Rosie, and I got to go to the New England Patriots game where we whomped them 34-20 and broke their record 21-game winning streak. My dad and Grace went to the Philadelphia game the next week. Dad also managed tickets to (I think) the Cleveland Browns game and even got tickets - for 7 - in Buffalo, during Buffalo's last game of the season where if they had won they would be in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and he was there (with my grandmother) for the New York Jets cardiac arrest overtime thriller last week.
And now we're down to the AFC Championship Game, and my dad has called me up and told me he has two tickets and wants me to go.
I believe the only appropriate response to this is 'squeeeee'.
All you Pittsburgh fans out there, root hard! Cheer long! This is going to be a tough, tough matchup. I'm encouraged because the Patriots actually don't match up very well against our style of play (as opposed to how well they matched up against Peyton and the Colts). This is the big one, the big game. I really think we have a chance to pull this off. We can do it! I will be most likely half-sick in the stands in below zero wind chill. No matter. They will need to cart me away to get me out of my seat for this one.
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO
This entry is an absurdly early one. Why? Because this sickness, which just won't totally go away, has kept me up all night. It's been a completely awful night, one filled with chills and fever dreams, which I think are my least favorite part of being sick. Really awful.
And I really need my rest, too. Why is that? Only because
I AM GOING TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Can you believe it?!? Absolutely incredible!! This is all because of my dad, who has utterly lost his mind this season. A member of my family goes to a Steeler's game once every year at most. Usually, any given member of my family goes to one Pirates, Steelers, or Penguins game total in a given year. However, during the 1991 Stanley Cup run, my dad went nuts. He called in every favor he had accumulated, pulled every string he had and was going to every other home playoff game there was. It paid off, culminating in the Penguins' first Stanley Cup ever.
Fast forward to 2004. Sensing a special season, the likes of which happen once every couple of decades, my dad has once again lost his mind and is calling in every favor and pulling every string he has. And apparently he has a lot. My grandmother, Rosie, and I got to go to the New England Patriots game where we whomped them 34-20 and broke their record 21-game winning streak. My dad and Grace went to the Philadelphia game the next week. Dad also managed tickets to (I think) the Cleveland Browns game and even got tickets - for 7 - in Buffalo, during Buffalo's last game of the season where if they had won they would be in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and he was there (with my grandmother) for the New York Jets cardiac arrest overtime thriller last week.
And now we're down to the AFC Championship Game, and my dad has called me up and told me he has two tickets and wants me to go.
I believe the only appropriate response to this is 'squeeeee'.
All you Pittsburgh fans out there, root hard! Cheer long! This is going to be a tough, tough matchup. I'm encouraged because the Patriots actually don't match up very well against our style of play (as opposed to how well they matched up against Peyton and the Colts). This is the big one, the big game. I really think we have a chance to pull this off. We can do it! I will be most likely half-sick in the stands in below zero wind chill. No matter. They will need to cart me away to get me out of my seat for this one.
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

<< Home