Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

As If To Say

(who doesn't like chocolate?)

From Bloc Party, a new group that I love via Dave Wilson. Yet another scary music connection for the roomates. I plan on introducing Margaret to said group...

Short entry today, as I am very busy. All the Moulden 108 crew is here, and as planned in my most recent blog, Sunday madness and MNF did commence. Still on the schedule: Tuesday Dodgeball tonight and Seeing Margaret Off Wednesday...

This weekend was an absolute blast, as I was up in Chautauqua with the family at the sixteenth annual Margaret Jackman Invitational Tournament, or MJIT XVI for short. The scariest part? I won. By one stroke. It's a handicapped system, but the system is so accurate that the top five players all finished within five strokes of each other. Now THAT is well designed. I'm also happy because I know that - after a tough day 1 - I played amazingly (for me) and shot back-to-back 104's for a net-61 and a net-66 on days 2 and 3 to come roaring back to steal the title. Here's how my uncle described it in his MJIT summary:

1st Place/2005 MJIT Champion/ Mat – after a rather ordinary first round effort, Mat put together back-to-back blistering rounds of mid-60s golf to rip the MJIT Championship from the grasp of his would be pursuers. Along the way Mat set many tournaments firsts:
- first NextGen winner of the MJIT
- youngest MJIT champ and the best ballroom dancer since Gpa
- Only golfer ever to shoot below par on the final day wearing skidoo gloves on both hands and sporting a WWI flying ace hat on his head (with the flaps down)

- only bachelor Champion……..although when the news of his new title hits The Snug…..it will only be a matter of time until Mat has his own collection of trophy wives

The WWI flying ace hat/skidoo gloves would be the 42 degree whether on day 3. You couldn't even feel the club if you had bare hands, it was so cold. It didn't deter me from a huge victory, however! (Really, it was the hat.)

I'm extremely pumped for the dodgeball match tonight. HTD is still in second place and could greatly benefit from a stomping of Oscar's Grouchy Green Balls (yes... that's really their name). Dave is absolutely hooked, just like everyone else. Honestly, you play it once... and it's all over for you. You're hooked, you're done, don't fight it baby, just go with it. Oh yeah.

That's enough for now, I have to run. On bravado.