And There They Go
(the time is now)
Okay, here's the story - I have spent two weeks recovering to pass a second blood test (I failed the first one) in time to meet the requirements for a tonsillectomy. 7:30 AM, tomorrow morning. 6 hour hospital stay - 10-14 day recovery period. Unbelievable... but finally, finally necessary.
It's like the Final Solution. For my throat.
I hate these short entries. I want to talk about fun stories, grandiose thoughts, and little intricacies. But one must survive before one can live - and these tonsils have messed with both my life and my survival for too long. Yes, I will be going through a painful procedure with a long recovery period for an adult. Yes, I will be missing Thanksgiving dinner - the holiday most oriented to just eating - as family and friends wolf down turkey and corn like its going out of style. Yes, I will be on short-term disability from work and out of touch with the world for two weeks.
But they've got to go.
Tomorrow's the big day. Catch everyone on the flip side.
Okay, here's the story - I have spent two weeks recovering to pass a second blood test (I failed the first one) in time to meet the requirements for a tonsillectomy. 7:30 AM, tomorrow morning. 6 hour hospital stay - 10-14 day recovery period. Unbelievable... but finally, finally necessary.
It's like the Final Solution. For my throat.
I hate these short entries. I want to talk about fun stories, grandiose thoughts, and little intricacies. But one must survive before one can live - and these tonsils have messed with both my life and my survival for too long. Yes, I will be going through a painful procedure with a long recovery period for an adult. Yes, I will be missing Thanksgiving dinner - the holiday most oriented to just eating - as family and friends wolf down turkey and corn like its going out of style. Yes, I will be on short-term disability from work and out of touch with the world for two weeks.
But they've got to go.
Tomorrow's the big day. Catch everyone on the flip side.

<< Home