Sometimes, If You Really Want Something
(try to want it a little less)
After that last post, that last topic, those thoughts, I finally decided to relax. Wanting something too badly is a great way to assure that you will never have it.
So, I decided to go to the PPP (Pittsburgh Party for a Purpose) and not worry about it. No effort to try and meet women; no worrying about my single nature; simply go, and enjoy myself.
And I met a girl trying to do the same thing.
God (and his universe) are funny that way.
The first thing I noticed about her was her dancing - not shameless, but fully passionate, uncaring, less perfect than passionate, a dance that said that she danced for her and her alone, not for others' approval. She danced with two other girls (who I later found out where her sister and friend), and in what would be the first of many bizarre coincidences, was dancing to - I kid you not - the Knight Rider theme mixed with a Middle Eastern backbeat. Crazy.
I danced nearby her, enjoying the blast to my past, suddenly 10 again with a cool talking car that could turbo boost over ravines.
"It's hot in here," she suddenly said. "I'm sweating."
Instinct took over - a comment that I wouldn't have made, except for the way she was dancing, and my own personal views on the sinuous, sensual act - and leaned in.
"If you aren't sweating," I said loud enough for all three to hear, "you aren't dancing."
I knew I had struck a nerve immediately with her expression and reaction. "Yeah!" she responded, and proceeded to continue to dance, taking notice of someone nearby for the first time.
The rest of the night was a post in and of itself.
The first date, another.
Second date tomorrow.
Too early for expectations. Too early for predictions, or guesstimates. Too early for forecasts.
Not too early for hope.
And just right to enjoy, and wonder.
After that last post, that last topic, those thoughts, I finally decided to relax. Wanting something too badly is a great way to assure that you will never have it.
So, I decided to go to the PPP (Pittsburgh Party for a Purpose) and not worry about it. No effort to try and meet women; no worrying about my single nature; simply go, and enjoy myself.
And I met a girl trying to do the same thing.
God (and his universe) are funny that way.
The first thing I noticed about her was her dancing - not shameless, but fully passionate, uncaring, less perfect than passionate, a dance that said that she danced for her and her alone, not for others' approval. She danced with two other girls (who I later found out where her sister and friend), and in what would be the first of many bizarre coincidences, was dancing to - I kid you not - the Knight Rider theme mixed with a Middle Eastern backbeat. Crazy.
I danced nearby her, enjoying the blast to my past, suddenly 10 again with a cool talking car that could turbo boost over ravines.
"It's hot in here," she suddenly said. "I'm sweating."
Instinct took over - a comment that I wouldn't have made, except for the way she was dancing, and my own personal views on the sinuous, sensual act - and leaned in.
"If you aren't sweating," I said loud enough for all three to hear, "you aren't dancing."
I knew I had struck a nerve immediately with her expression and reaction. "Yeah!" she responded, and proceeded to continue to dance, taking notice of someone nearby for the first time.
The rest of the night was a post in and of itself.
The first date, another.
Second date tomorrow.
Too early for expectations. Too early for predictions, or guesstimates. Too early for forecasts.
Not too early for hope.
And just right to enjoy, and wonder.
Labels: Those Of The Feminine Persuasion

<< Home