A Gamonomaniac Walks Into A Bar
(the bartender immediately begins looking up the definition of 'gamonomaniac')
I'm back!
If you had told me that I would miss a 3 or 4 day span within the first two weeks of this blog, I would have said that I had just been lazy and I would have been very angry with myself. I was really enjoying having this daily blog. But it was not due to laziness that I suddenly vanished from the journal. Behold, the power of sickness! (cymbal crash)
I'm glad to be back because some interesting developments have happened. For starters, Amanda Robinson, an old friend from high school, IM'd me and said that she had a copy of The Gate of Dragons circa 2000. Now, I wouldn't have remembered sending her a copy if she hadn't reminded me of it. Moreover, I didn't remember how much I had sent her. But the date - 2000 - was prior the 'incident', and there was a chance that it had the old ending. So she very nicely and promptly sent me an e-mail of the story, and THERE IT WAS! THE OLD ENDING! YESSSS!! Now, Amanda and I have kept vaguely in touch, talking every few months or so, but for her to keep a copy of my story for over four years and still have it after all that time is nothing short of miraculous. Bless her soul! It's like re-living its creation all over again. I owe her a big debt of gratitude. And here's the kicker: she said she found out I was looking for it through my blog. This makes her one of many to be reading it. Man! I had no idea all these people were going to read this thing! I am shocked and very honored. Trust me, my life isn't that interesting. It's only madness personified. Hahahaha.... but I am serious.
Margaret isn't coming in till the 17th. Boo. On the other hand, Martin might not be done with the script yet, so this might be a blessing in disguise. He's trying to have it all done by the time Margaret comes home, and he needs to have it done for the sake of editing. I'll have to call him and double-check on it. Otherwise he might be killed by his own cast and crew.
I'm off to see Julie this weekend. She's worrying (surprise) about a billion things. Honestly, the last couple days have been total madness on the women front. I don't even have a clue on what I'm going to do long-term. For that matter, I don't have a clue on what I'm doing short term. I've got until about Dec.20th planned out. That's it. After that, who knows. Maybe I'll go gay.
My apartment is now sporting my two-foot-tall Christmas tree in addition to my plant, and I think its taking the transition well because of how cold it is in my apartment. I have yet to turn the heat on. Ever. I estimate its around 50 degrees in my apartment and dropping. I started out just not wanting to turn on the heat for environmental and cash purposes, but now its just become a challenge. I refuse to turn on the heat! This leads to some very odd and interesting scenarios. For example, in bed, I will be toasty warm in my covers in one position, and will roll over or shift half a foot, and that part of the bed will be ice. It's a nice change of pace, let me tell you. I don't know why the heat doesn't transfer well throughout the bed - or at least a few inches away from the heat source - but it doesn't, it just stops. I imagine that if a ninja assassination team came by this month with heat-vision goggles, I would be an easy target.
The obvious solution - of course - is.... to share my bed with someone and create some more heat. ;)
Applications now accepted!
I'm back!
If you had told me that I would miss a 3 or 4 day span within the first two weeks of this blog, I would have said that I had just been lazy and I would have been very angry with myself. I was really enjoying having this daily blog. But it was not due to laziness that I suddenly vanished from the journal. Behold, the power of sickness! (cymbal crash)
I'm glad to be back because some interesting developments have happened. For starters, Amanda Robinson, an old friend from high school, IM'd me and said that she had a copy of The Gate of Dragons circa 2000. Now, I wouldn't have remembered sending her a copy if she hadn't reminded me of it. Moreover, I didn't remember how much I had sent her. But the date - 2000 - was prior the 'incident', and there was a chance that it had the old ending. So she very nicely and promptly sent me an e-mail of the story, and THERE IT WAS! THE OLD ENDING! YESSSS!! Now, Amanda and I have kept vaguely in touch, talking every few months or so, but for her to keep a copy of my story for over four years and still have it after all that time is nothing short of miraculous. Bless her soul! It's like re-living its creation all over again. I owe her a big debt of gratitude. And here's the kicker: she said she found out I was looking for it through my blog. This makes her one of many to be reading it. Man! I had no idea all these people were going to read this thing! I am shocked and very honored. Trust me, my life isn't that interesting. It's only madness personified. Hahahaha.... but I am serious.
Margaret isn't coming in till the 17th. Boo. On the other hand, Martin might not be done with the script yet, so this might be a blessing in disguise. He's trying to have it all done by the time Margaret comes home, and he needs to have it done for the sake of editing. I'll have to call him and double-check on it. Otherwise he might be killed by his own cast and crew.
I'm off to see Julie this weekend. She's worrying (surprise) about a billion things. Honestly, the last couple days have been total madness on the women front. I don't even have a clue on what I'm going to do long-term. For that matter, I don't have a clue on what I'm doing short term. I've got until about Dec.20th planned out. That's it. After that, who knows. Maybe I'll go gay.
My apartment is now sporting my two-foot-tall Christmas tree in addition to my plant, and I think its taking the transition well because of how cold it is in my apartment. I have yet to turn the heat on. Ever. I estimate its around 50 degrees in my apartment and dropping. I started out just not wanting to turn on the heat for environmental and cash purposes, but now its just become a challenge. I refuse to turn on the heat! This leads to some very odd and interesting scenarios. For example, in bed, I will be toasty warm in my covers in one position, and will roll over or shift half a foot, and that part of the bed will be ice. It's a nice change of pace, let me tell you. I don't know why the heat doesn't transfer well throughout the bed - or at least a few inches away from the heat source - but it doesn't, it just stops. I imagine that if a ninja assassination team came by this month with heat-vision goggles, I would be an easy target.
The obvious solution - of course - is.... to share my bed with someone and create some more heat. ;)
Applications now accepted!
Labels: Friendship, Little Organisms That Invade My Cells, Those Of The Feminine Persuasion

<< Home