What Hasn't Killed You Yet
(may merely make you wish for death)
Well, doctor visit two wasn't quite so bad that I was actively begging them to end it all... but it was still not something you want to do voluntarily.
After two days of taking my antibiotics, I was noticing that I was gradually improving in swallowing and talking ability, but on my second doctor's appointment the doctor still wasn't happy with my tonsils. Enter needle/scalpel/forceps run number two. For some reason - even though my tonsils should have been less inflamed - this hurt worse than before. I will not go into detail (particularly after the yummy rendition of Monday) but at least this was over more quickly. In fact the entire ordeal, from the waiting room to checkout, went much quicker. It was like the same amount of pain and hassle condensed into a twenty-minute zip-in, zip-out procedure. Once again I was mute for hours.
Luckily the antibiotics continue to work over the sickness. My tonsils, particularly my right one, feel weird and I have yet to be able to get down solid food, although really that's not a lot different from, say, January. I will be so much happier when this is finally done.
My antibiotic pills - meant for those who have tonsilitis, which is characterized by a severely inflamed throat - are the size of Conneticut. That makes sense. I've never seen pills this big. It's a good thing I'm extremely good at handling pills - on normal throat days, I can take three pills in five seconds without water - because otherwise it would be trying to swallow a goat. The mere thought of Julie trying to get a pill like this down makes me smile until my jaw hurts. Good times, good times.
Oh! And as a nice side effect, I was stripping down to get into my very hot shower this morning (the steam makes it easier to breathe) and I noticed that I had the same body mass, proportionally, as Calysta Flockheart during her eating disorder. I have lost so much weight. I was so shocked that I went to my parents room and weighed myself on their scale. After years and years of trying to break the 200 pound barrier - when a 6'7" man should weigh between 230 and 240 - I am now tilting the scales at a svelte 185. 185! I've lost over 20 pounds to this illness. Absolutely unbelievable. I believe that I could be beaten in a wrestling match by almost all my female friends, or even just a really angry Girl Scout.
I will be returning to work as soon as I improve enough to talk normally and eat solid food. Hopefully that won't be long. I have grown really, really tired of this illness. Talking and eating would be so nice to do.
Well, doctor visit two wasn't quite so bad that I was actively begging them to end it all... but it was still not something you want to do voluntarily.
After two days of taking my antibiotics, I was noticing that I was gradually improving in swallowing and talking ability, but on my second doctor's appointment the doctor still wasn't happy with my tonsils. Enter needle/scalpel/forceps run number two. For some reason - even though my tonsils should have been less inflamed - this hurt worse than before. I will not go into detail (particularly after the yummy rendition of Monday) but at least this was over more quickly. In fact the entire ordeal, from the waiting room to checkout, went much quicker. It was like the same amount of pain and hassle condensed into a twenty-minute zip-in, zip-out procedure. Once again I was mute for hours.
Luckily the antibiotics continue to work over the sickness. My tonsils, particularly my right one, feel weird and I have yet to be able to get down solid food, although really that's not a lot different from, say, January. I will be so much happier when this is finally done.
My antibiotic pills - meant for those who have tonsilitis, which is characterized by a severely inflamed throat - are the size of Conneticut. That makes sense. I've never seen pills this big. It's a good thing I'm extremely good at handling pills - on normal throat days, I can take three pills in five seconds without water - because otherwise it would be trying to swallow a goat. The mere thought of Julie trying to get a pill like this down makes me smile until my jaw hurts. Good times, good times.
Oh! And as a nice side effect, I was stripping down to get into my very hot shower this morning (the steam makes it easier to breathe) and I noticed that I had the same body mass, proportionally, as Calysta Flockheart during her eating disorder. I have lost so much weight. I was so shocked that I went to my parents room and weighed myself on their scale. After years and years of trying to break the 200 pound barrier - when a 6'7" man should weigh between 230 and 240 - I am now tilting the scales at a svelte 185. 185! I've lost over 20 pounds to this illness. Absolutely unbelievable. I believe that I could be beaten in a wrestling match by almost all my female friends, or even just a really angry Girl Scout.
I will be returning to work as soon as I improve enough to talk normally and eat solid food. Hopefully that won't be long. I have grown really, really tired of this illness. Talking and eating would be so nice to do.

<< Home