Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cats And Dogs

(great in soup)

So I saw Constantine last night, and I absolutely loved it!

Hahaha... that's right, I saw the movie for the second time last night after my previous entry was supposed to deal with it. (Actually, my last entry ended up combining two days' worth of writing in the blog.) I went to the South Side with Martin and his friend Dave (who I've met briefly before) and they had the same reaction I did - pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was. Martin agreed that it was much better than he expected. Dave liked it too. Margaret was the only semi-dissenting vote, as she left me IM's that stated that while she was a fan of some of the cinematography, the acting was subpar. I'm afraid to argue with her - she's a film major and I am a computer programmer/writer. She'll probably bring up nine irrefutable examples of why the acting sucked.

As if anyone has ever had a doubt about Keanu Reeves' acting ability! ;) A blast nonetheless.

Tonight is the first night of dodgeball. What I would give to have some of my college buds on the team. Jeff would be impossible to hit and Dave would probably be sending opposing players to the hospital. If I could combine that with some of my female high school friends - like Julie and Tiff for example, who are 4'9" and 4'11" respectively and would be impossible to hit - we'd be unstoppable. Pittsburgh Sports League Dodgeball Championships, here we come! Alas, my team will comprise of a 24 year old female long-distance runner with hand-eye coordination not nearly up to the level of her endurance to a 37 year old IT Infrastructure leader whose last game of organized dodgeball was more than three decades ago.
Wish us luck! :)

In the last few days, it's been tough living alone, which I suspect is only normal when you have a long-distance inexclusive girlfriend 7 hours away and you have friends scattered all over the Northeast, including a few other choice places like California. Even my plants are dying. (They never really recovered from my sickness, when I didn't get to water them for weeks on end.) I've got a couple visits planned to Syracuse and Nova, though, so things will be better before long. Besides, torturous anguish is supposed to stir the creative mind.

Or something. Tough week on that front, I suppose.

Labels: