Get Off The Stove, Grandma
(you're too old to ride the range)
Really, I think country music is sometimes unintentionally riotous.
Today I woke up with my throat being a little sore and my tonsils a little inflamed. I didn't play around and went to the Pharmacy to pick up my second bottle of antibiotics that I was on. They are very effective against tonsilitis, and I think I had stomped on it with the first bottle and it was almost dead, but now it's had time off the antibiotics and it's trying to make a comeback. No chance! Four hours after taking the first antibiotic, there is already a noticeable reduction in swelling and pain. The second one tonight will knock it back down to the floor again, and from then on it will be like stepping on a dropped cigarette and smearing it into the concrete. I'm done with this sickness!
I've got volleyball again tonight, and Lord knows we need a better performance than the atrocity we put up last week, which dropped us to 4-8. A 2-1 or 3-0 win tonight would be very big, if for no other reason than team morale. Also, we are still fighting for that ever elusive playoff spot.
Dodgeball also starts this coming Tuesday! What I wouldn't give to have some of my Mt. Lebanon friends or (heaven forbid) some of the Moulden 108 crew on the team. There would be Voit sandwiches for everyone. But I'm playing with half volleyball team members and half IT coworkers, so this should be interesting. :) I can't wait!
I still haven't decided what to spend my bonus on. (I feel like a bit of a prick writing that.) I think I'll get something simple and be done with it. After all, it's not as much after Uncle Sam took A BIG, WHOMPING BITE out of it. You wouldn't believe what the tax laws are for bonuses. Federal tax starts - starts! - at 25%. 25%! Right from the start! And after that are also tripled rates for state tax, local tax, social security tax, disability tax, added tax, foreign tax, tacks tax, another tax, made-up tax, annoying tax, and pointless tax.
God, my life is so bad, getting taxed on my bonus. ;)
A movie that is coming out and I would like to see is "Constantine." I preface this by saying I'm very interested in movies about Heaven and Hell, or at least have a major religious tint to it. It's part of the reason I find "The Exorcist" terrifying and wonderful, and part of the reason I still remember the little-known "Bless the Child" (a movie about a 6-year old girl who is the successor to Jesus and who followers of the Devil attempt to corrupt). I refuse to find anything out about it though, since I think critics are some of the worst things there are. They either raise or lower expectations, so that your mind is already changed before you see the movie. Then, after you walk out of the movie theater, you realize, "man, the critic was wrong, I really liked the middle part of the movie", or "They made me all excited for this movie and I'm now even more depressed about it being terrible." Critics get paid to give their opinion about movies. Boy, what a nice job that would be to go out and see movies and then get paid to give my thoughts on them to others.
So, I'll probably go see it once it comes out. Perhaps that's a good use of my (slightly chewed on) bonus.
Had a great phone conversation last night with Margaret, had a good poker night last night online, got the drunkest IM ever from one of my college friends and even cooked noodles without too much of a problem.
Life is too short not to enjoy your time.
Really, I think country music is sometimes unintentionally riotous.
Today I woke up with my throat being a little sore and my tonsils a little inflamed. I didn't play around and went to the Pharmacy to pick up my second bottle of antibiotics that I was on. They are very effective against tonsilitis, and I think I had stomped on it with the first bottle and it was almost dead, but now it's had time off the antibiotics and it's trying to make a comeback. No chance! Four hours after taking the first antibiotic, there is already a noticeable reduction in swelling and pain. The second one tonight will knock it back down to the floor again, and from then on it will be like stepping on a dropped cigarette and smearing it into the concrete. I'm done with this sickness!
I've got volleyball again tonight, and Lord knows we need a better performance than the atrocity we put up last week, which dropped us to 4-8. A 2-1 or 3-0 win tonight would be very big, if for no other reason than team morale. Also, we are still fighting for that ever elusive playoff spot.
Dodgeball also starts this coming Tuesday! What I wouldn't give to have some of my Mt. Lebanon friends or (heaven forbid) some of the Moulden 108 crew on the team. There would be Voit sandwiches for everyone. But I'm playing with half volleyball team members and half IT coworkers, so this should be interesting. :) I can't wait!
I still haven't decided what to spend my bonus on. (I feel like a bit of a prick writing that.) I think I'll get something simple and be done with it. After all, it's not as much after Uncle Sam took A BIG, WHOMPING BITE out of it. You wouldn't believe what the tax laws are for bonuses. Federal tax starts - starts! - at 25%. 25%! Right from the start! And after that are also tripled rates for state tax, local tax, social security tax, disability tax, added tax, foreign tax, tacks tax, another tax, made-up tax, annoying tax, and pointless tax.
God, my life is so bad, getting taxed on my bonus. ;)
A movie that is coming out and I would like to see is "Constantine." I preface this by saying I'm very interested in movies about Heaven and Hell, or at least have a major religious tint to it. It's part of the reason I find "The Exorcist" terrifying and wonderful, and part of the reason I still remember the little-known "Bless the Child" (a movie about a 6-year old girl who is the successor to Jesus and who followers of the Devil attempt to corrupt). I refuse to find anything out about it though, since I think critics are some of the worst things there are. They either raise or lower expectations, so that your mind is already changed before you see the movie. Then, after you walk out of the movie theater, you realize, "man, the critic was wrong, I really liked the middle part of the movie", or "They made me all excited for this movie and I'm now even more depressed about it being terrible." Critics get paid to give their opinion about movies. Boy, what a nice job that would be to go out and see movies and then get paid to give my thoughts on them to others.
So, I'll probably go see it once it comes out. Perhaps that's a good use of my (slightly chewed on) bonus.
Had a great phone conversation last night with Margaret, had a good poker night last night online, got the drunkest IM ever from one of my college friends and even cooked noodles without too much of a problem.
Life is too short not to enjoy your time.

<< Home