Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, February 24, 2005

You Set Your Neighbor's Dog On Fire

(yeah, my bad)

The last few days have been insane!
I've been working ridiculously hard at work while trying to coordinate about eleven travel plans in the upcoming months. Apparently everyone's getting the itch to travel. I'm not per say, but I do really want to see some of my friends. I was thinking about how great my dodgeball team would be if I could just have some of my high school and college friends on it after it was cancelled two nights ago. (We are making it up though.) Particularly when they're friends you haven't seen in a while, you gotta go to a little bit more of an effort to get there.

There's a topic I've been thinking about that one of my friends made me think about when we were talking about women and their fashion senses. It's a topic that I won't go into lest it make me furious again - I recently had women tell me about how if I wanted to attract women or keep friends, I needed to show that I knew how to dress with style - but it made me think about all the things that I hate and hope aren't true... but have a slight possibility of being so. And that made me think of quotes.
Most people have favorite quotes. Some people have a lot of them. But very few people have their least favorite quotes. Mine are quotes that make me uneasy, that I hope aren't true, that I think if they are the world is much worse off. I'll give you just a taste of what I mean.

"Do not waste your time with people who are jealous. They will never get better." - Unknown
"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship." - Oscar Wilde
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease." - R.D. Laing

These quotes have personal meaning for me, and I was going to explain that they made me bitter, jaded, but you know what? In looking for one of them, I found a quote that lifted me as much as these put me down. I had to put it as my away message.

So I suppose quotes have no more power than what we recognize matches within ourselves. After all, there's little scarier than your own past.
Ha. I should be on a quote site.

Labels: