I'm Driving Only Three Wheels These Days
(but my dear, how about you?)
Some might say I'm mad for the last few entries I've written. I'll agree. They're freaking books! It is usually a plus that I can type almost as fast as I think - and much faster than I can write - but my apologies to those who don't read quickly. It's like a copy of 'War and Peace'. My advice is just to skip it.
These are only thoughts of madness anyway. :)
Martin is going to get help rough-cutting his movie from Margaret, as well as others. I am psyched about this because the man was under an intense workload as it was, which led to some ugly deadline panics, something he does not handle particularly well. The response to the movie has been nothing short of astounding, with a number of people commenting that "the story looks real good", and "finally, a fanfilm with an actual story!". Those kind of comments are wonderful to read, and while I didn't write the whole story myself, I made a lot of major changes to the script, and more importantly, helped come up not just with ways around plotholes, but solutions that made the story stronger. I distinctly remember Martin coming to me having had the realization that an entire fight scene needed to be cut and the script desperately needed to be patched together.
I could use a dose of humility/reality here. Not only were these not all my changes, but the changes I did make ruined work already done or made more work to do for all the cast and crew.
It will all be worth it if this film comes off as the people who worked years on it dreamed it would.
It looks like my weekends are severely tied again as classes are interrupting my life schedule. Visits to Nova and Syracuse are in jeopardy. Damn education. It's like a disease - or like my tonsillitis - in that it keeps coming back. To quote Calvin and Hobbes:
Calvin: "That's it! I'm not going to school anymore! I just want to remain ignorant for the rest of my life!"
Hobbes: "Is it a right to remain ignorant?"
Calvin: "I don't know, but I refuse to find out!"
So sore from dodgeball. So sore - I stretched all the wrong muscles. I went into my stretch as if I was playing basketball or volleyball, heavy emphasis on running, jumping, neck movement. I should have concentrated on rotating to throw and bending down to get low. Now my lats and glutes are just on fire. Feel the burn.
Simple entry tonight. Let's not scare the public.
Some might say I'm mad for the last few entries I've written. I'll agree. They're freaking books! It is usually a plus that I can type almost as fast as I think - and much faster than I can write - but my apologies to those who don't read quickly. It's like a copy of 'War and Peace'. My advice is just to skip it.
These are only thoughts of madness anyway. :)
Martin is going to get help rough-cutting his movie from Margaret, as well as others. I am psyched about this because the man was under an intense workload as it was, which led to some ugly deadline panics, something he does not handle particularly well. The response to the movie has been nothing short of astounding, with a number of people commenting that "the story looks real good", and "finally, a fanfilm with an actual story!". Those kind of comments are wonderful to read, and while I didn't write the whole story myself, I made a lot of major changes to the script, and more importantly, helped come up not just with ways around plotholes, but solutions that made the story stronger. I distinctly remember Martin coming to me having had the realization that an entire fight scene needed to be cut and the script desperately needed to be patched together.
I could use a dose of humility/reality here. Not only were these not all my changes, but the changes I did make ruined work already done or made more work to do for all the cast and crew.
It will all be worth it if this film comes off as the people who worked years on it dreamed it would.
It looks like my weekends are severely tied again as classes are interrupting my life schedule. Visits to Nova and Syracuse are in jeopardy. Damn education. It's like a disease - or like my tonsillitis - in that it keeps coming back. To quote Calvin and Hobbes:
Calvin: "That's it! I'm not going to school anymore! I just want to remain ignorant for the rest of my life!"
Hobbes: "Is it a right to remain ignorant?"
Calvin: "I don't know, but I refuse to find out!"
So sore from dodgeball. So sore - I stretched all the wrong muscles. I went into my stretch as if I was playing basketball or volleyball, heavy emphasis on running, jumping, neck movement. I should have concentrated on rotating to throw and bending down to get low. Now my lats and glutes are just on fire. Feel the burn.
Simple entry tonight. Let's not scare the public.
Labels: Friendship, Sports

<< Home