Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, March 10, 2005

It's Everywhere

(it's in my raccoon wounds)

My brother and sisters love this quote. Family Guy = incredible show.

I had a great writing conference with Martin tonight. We traded stories and it was an absoulte blast. Chapter 1 really got some excellent comments. The key to a good reader isn't someone who says, "This needs this here, this needs that here" - they simply tell you, "I liked this." "This confused me." "I don't understand this." "I was excited here." That really shows what the reader is feeling, and Martin has gotten immensely good at this. I returned the favor, discussing his short story that he has due for class (in a much more corrective fashion, but his is by far still in the conceptualization stage). It's really turning out well.
What a fun night!

The support for dodgeball has been nigh overwhelming. The dodgeball league for the PSL (Pittsburgh Sports League) opened at noon. By 12:14 PM, it was sold out. Unbelievable. Thank goodness I got my team in there! And better yet, Stogie, a girl on my volleyball team, has paired with me and we are first on the waiting list for Thursday night co-ed basketball. So if we got on a team, I would be playing dodgeball Tuesdays, volleyball Wednesdays, and basketball Thursdays! I would have a blast AND be in shape. My medication has my tonsillitis down, my weight has stabilized (at 191) and I finally feel healthy.
Health really is something that people take for granted. By far, enjoy it while you can. Getting old is a bitch!
...He said at his ripe old age of 22. ;)

I have to go to bed now, lest I oversleep and miss work. And that would be, you know, bad.

Labels: , ,