Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

This Is Ourselves

(under pressure)

I have always liked Queen, but getting the Platinum Collection has allowed me to hear songs that never really made it here (they were always much bigger internationally than they were in America). So while most people only know "We Will Rock You", "Another One Bites The Dust", and "We Are The Champions" (with a nod to "Bohemian Rhapsody") , I have gotten to listen to "Innuendo", "It's a Hard Life", and "Miracle". Just incredible stuff. I also am in total awe of Freddie Mercury's voice, something which has been validated by my friends Dave and Nate, who both argue that he is top 2 best vocalists ever. Let me tell you, I'm floored. His range and power are just inspiring. "Living On My Own" is a must-hear.

The last two days I have played a doubleheader of dodgeball and a volleyball match. I'm sore and exhausted, but so happy. I'm healthy again, active again, not a fat slug (okay, I was never fat) laying around. Also, I'm still on my new, stronger tonsillitis medication and all symptoms of illness have completely disappeared. Now, I'm not totally excited - my last medication did the same thing, and when I got off of it it came back - but at least that's better than nothing happening at all. I'm going to stay on this for the full course and I refuse to get off of it until they kick me off. I want this illness dead. You know, kind of like when you step on a cigarette and smear it on the bottom of your foot - which I incidentally would like to do to a number of people who smoke them - and wipe it out of existence.

Dodgeball may be the most fun simply-organized sport in the world. Total, utter blast. Everyone who was sort of "Eh, should I play, what's it going to be like" can't stop talking about how much fun it is. Now I've got 10 people signed up for next season... and the season doesn't even start for 3 weeks!! Yikes!!!

But as they say, if you can dodge katana-wielding ninjas bent on bloodsworn revenge, you can dodge a ball.
Well, okay, they don't say that. But it sounds real cool.

Labels: ,