Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Freeeeeeeedom

(every man blogs... not every man really writes)

Oh, you know your muse is on when she comes up with a title and opening without so much as a hint of a thought.

My project is over.
OVER!
The long work hours, the early starts, the undetermined late finishes, the weekend work, the upgrades, the logging in from home, the general mental weight of how much had to be done - what can be summed up as 'June' - is done.
Officially, anyway. Unofficially, the system is still a bit slow and has some kinks. But it's still working, damn it, and that means that the dreaded sense of urgency - the now now NOW NEED IT DONE NOW - is finally dissapating. I have room to mentally breathe, which I wouldn't have understood until I actually got out of it. How can I tell that things are better? Well, for example, Caissa is running around like a virgin that just discovered the fun times being with the opposite sex can create. I've been writing TFOR like a fiend, and she's wanted to blog all weekend, though that would have been tough in internet-poor Chautauqua. But now that I'm back, work seems like it was before. Work hard, but you could take some time to rest, or take a breath, or get a drink... and after everyone's gone, it's not so hard to remember it in a blog entry.

Saw fireworks last night, which was nice, and am going to basketball tonight. Dodgeball Mondays, basketball Tuesdays, and volleyball Thursdays means I am at least staying in shape better than I would before. Julie's playing dodgeball and volleyball too, and I'm stunned at the way she's taking it - i.e., very well. She's open to learning and trying to have fun. Example 14,879,206 of how confusing the female gender is.

Seeing the family over the weekend, we now have our 10-team fantasy football family league lining up. I am absolutely pumped for it. Combine that with my friends' league and my work league, and I will be in fantasy heaven come September... as I expect to be in a heated race for the championship in fantasy baseball at the same time.

Trying to stay in touch with all my friends. I'm hoping to see Martin for a writing conference tomorrow night, hoping to get Stoph to come down to Pittsburgh on a weekend, and I haven't heard anything from Margaret but will send her something around July. She's probably collecting all kinds of bedtime stories... if you know what I mean.

A new month and some free(r) time. I am looking forward to it!

Labels: , ,