Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Now He's Adding Another Arm

(anytime the sun wanted to come out, it would be fine by me)

Seven points if you know the quote!

The Mat Quiz has garnered extremely interesting results, with the totals so far 1 Despised, 1 Curiosity, 1 Lover, 1 Collaborator, 2 Confidants, and 2 Companions. The highest score so far is a 64. The closest to 'perfect middle' is -4. The lowest so far is -31.
I'm going to have to do a second one, definitely. :)

Monday and Tuesday night was a blast, as I played volleyball and dodgeball respectively. Volleyball was fun, and we get to wear dead black. We are team Dangerously Sexy. As for dodgeball, the new rule changes this week effectively curtailed the 'rolling ball' tactics employed by the unscrupulous teams last week. The match became a knockdown, dragout war. Martin had his first taste of dodgeball, and while he is not 'athletically inclined', he was better than I thought! He came up with a nice catch for our team in a pivotal Game 6 as well. The rest of the team also played hard, and I was the last man standing on three occasions. In those three games, I went 2-1, including the pivotal 9th game, in which I was up against a 4'11" girl who was thin, athletic, and extremely mobile. For four minutes, she never tried to throw or catch, merely to survive, as I launched throw after throw after throw at her. She kept dodging wildly, both teams going nuts. With two minutes left, and after being already tired, I was pouring sweat. I had thrown at least thirty balls already. I kept throwing, she kept dodging. The ref was counting down - one minute, 30 seconds, 15 seconds - and with 7 seconds left, I tracked her movement to the right and finally got her. I was totally wiped out. What a rush!
Our team ended up splitting the match 5 games to 5. A great effort.

In other friend activities, my friends and I are in a trade disagreement for fantasy sports - nothing new there - but it's a problem that has to be stopped right now, while the season is young. We're working together on it.
Jess is worrying me because she's having real family problems. I always feel so worthless in situations like this, where there are a lot of step-parent and half-sibling and divorced party complications. I just have zero experience with it. Julie throws me on this sometimes too, but where her situation seems to be indifference, Jess's seems to have active problems. I feel bad, because not only should no one go through it, but because I don't really know how to help. I've always had an amazingly tight, loving family life.
Should I feel bad for that? :/

In conclusion, I'm stunned by the huge voting war between having sex in a waterfall and having sex at home during a power outage and major thunderstorm.
There has been a vote for the highway, though...