Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Blog Is Back

(and it wants a snack)

My first massive blog break.
The reasons are many, but more than anything, I needed a rest. I had Easter, family, the ever-interesting tonsils, trips, friends, and surprises. Instead of my mind's usual thoughts - "How should I use fire imagery in The Gate of Dragons", "The apathy of today's society, not the lack of power among the poor, is the singlemost reason the government could begin a 1984-esque rule over society", "I wonder where I can get chocolate" - my mind has just been sort of going, "Hey, a nap sounds good." Thus, little progress, both in the blog and elsewhere.
However, so many people left me IM's, phone calls, e-mails, or personally told me, "Hey, where are the blog updates?" I have people complaining to me that the friends of their friends are complaining to them that there hasn't been an update. Which leads me to ask: "How many freaking people are reading this thing?!?!"
Of course, they've been saying that for two weeks now, and only now am I writing. Why? For the same reason I mentioned at the beginning of this little foray: I write for myself, and not for an audience. If I don't feel compelled to write for myself, I shouldn't be writing at all, I don't care if the President is reading it. And if you are, Mr. President, please don't think I was referring to the American government ruling in a 1984-esque way over society. I am referring to other governments, preferably godless ones. I love the Patriot Act! Haha! Please don't tax audit me.

On a more personal note, a tax audit wouldn't be nearly as bad as what has finally happened after five years of careful practice; the spammers have found me. Let me tell you how much I missed the joy of opening my inbox and seeing e-mails from people with names like "Corncooker A. Housewarmer" telling me how I can have sex with any woman INSTANTLY, RIGHT NOW, LIMITED-TIME OFFER SEX WITH ANY WOMAN INSTANTLY!!!! (True note: The last e-mail I got was from "Plea B. Antler" about how to make women "really happy". No further explanation was given, but I doubt they were referring to respecting and listening to them.) Since this is my Nova webmail, it has nowhere near the correct amount of spam controls it needs to. It's not a huge waste of energy just to hit the delete button, but I had made it five years. I wonder where they got it.
Probably the women.

I won't leave this entry too long. Some parting notes:
- Dodgeball and volleyball have both started. We're tied for first in dodgeball (.810 win %) and are 2-1 in volleyball (and we only played with five players the first match).
- I had a great friend catch-up day where I got to talk to Justin Bello.
- Fantasy baseball remains as fun as ever, in that it keeps you in great touch with friends.
- Margaret thinks I'd look good in a skirt. No other explanation given here.
- I made $70 in poker in a basement table game in Connecticut. Cleaning house!
- I played basketball with the five and it was just incredible.

And lastly, I answered the pizza guy with my shark on my head the other day without ever commenting on it.
All is right with the world.


Labels: