Would You Like Some Ice
(or perhaps some vaseline)
Just one of the many horrendous Burnout 3 comments made in fury last night. Man, what fun. But the whole day was an absolute blast!
I spent the whole day with Margaret and Luke, which is a rare treat. I almost never get to hang out with them. But I went to Margaret's house and watched Napoleon Dynamite, which means finally I'll be able to trade quotes with them on it (they LOVE that movie). All throughout the movie, Margaret's cat Oliver was rubbing up against me and kept looking at me. Usually, cats hate me, and I'm not wild about them either. I've known friends' cats who were mean, who clawed/bit/both, or downright unfriendly. But Oliver was really nice and even jumped into my lap. I petted him and scratched him behind his ears, and he started purring! I have never had a cat purr in my lap before. It was to the point he had his eyes 3/4 of the way closed, purring with a rumble I could feel going through his whole body. He stayed that way for at least five minutes. Now, I am not a huge cat fan - never have been - but this was really special. I couldn't stop smiling.
Of course, completely forgetting I'm partially allergic to cats, I absently rubbed my eye at some point and my eye got all red and itchy, as did my wrists, elbow, and behind my ear. Forgot about that. Lots of hand-washing ensued throughout the night.
Then I got to eat dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Yang, which was great. They're funny, open people who make GREAT meat and potatoes (with garlic bread). Also, they have this cool turning thing in the middle of the table, which if my family had had would have saved YEARS of fights over food.
After that, we all watched Syracuse win the Big East Tournament. Now, the game would have been so much better had not Villanova lost in the semis with .2 seconds to go - ARRRGHH!!! - but it was a good game nonetheless. Margaret was really happy.
And if THAT wasn't good enough, we taught Luke swing dancing right in Margaret's living room. It was a bit cramped, but he learned the basic step, a turn to the right and a turn to the left, and he was on his way. Also I got to demonstrate some great moves with Margaret, who danced like she hadn't been rusty at all. Awesome. So. Much. Fun.
And even better than THAT, I got Christmas gifts from Margaret - a scarf and a CD - that will have lots of use in my computer at work. The CD that is, not the scarf. Plus Mrs. Yang gave me some leftovers of the meat and potatoes. Absolutely awesome.
And to top the whole night off? A little Burnout 3 action. Not too much, seeing as how Margaret was tired, but it still was enough to come up with some great fun AND some great quotes (like the one above).
Woo!
The whole night was so much more fun than I expected. I never get to see Margaret or Luke, so hanging out with them was wonderful. I hope I get to see them later this week - I'll see Margaret Thursday, but aside from that life's iffy - but this really was a great sign. I had fun, I laughed, I felt comfortable.
Totally. Awesome.
Give me some of your tots!
Just one of the many horrendous Burnout 3 comments made in fury last night. Man, what fun. But the whole day was an absolute blast!
I spent the whole day with Margaret and Luke, which is a rare treat. I almost never get to hang out with them. But I went to Margaret's house and watched Napoleon Dynamite, which means finally I'll be able to trade quotes with them on it (they LOVE that movie). All throughout the movie, Margaret's cat Oliver was rubbing up against me and kept looking at me. Usually, cats hate me, and I'm not wild about them either. I've known friends' cats who were mean, who clawed/bit/both, or downright unfriendly. But Oliver was really nice and even jumped into my lap. I petted him and scratched him behind his ears, and he started purring! I have never had a cat purr in my lap before. It was to the point he had his eyes 3/4 of the way closed, purring with a rumble I could feel going through his whole body. He stayed that way for at least five minutes. Now, I am not a huge cat fan - never have been - but this was really special. I couldn't stop smiling.
Of course, completely forgetting I'm partially allergic to cats, I absently rubbed my eye at some point and my eye got all red and itchy, as did my wrists, elbow, and behind my ear. Forgot about that. Lots of hand-washing ensued throughout the night.
Then I got to eat dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Yang, which was great. They're funny, open people who make GREAT meat and potatoes (with garlic bread). Also, they have this cool turning thing in the middle of the table, which if my family had had would have saved YEARS of fights over food.
After that, we all watched Syracuse win the Big East Tournament. Now, the game would have been so much better had not Villanova lost in the semis with .2 seconds to go - ARRRGHH!!! - but it was a good game nonetheless. Margaret was really happy.
And if THAT wasn't good enough, we taught Luke swing dancing right in Margaret's living room. It was a bit cramped, but he learned the basic step, a turn to the right and a turn to the left, and he was on his way. Also I got to demonstrate some great moves with Margaret, who danced like she hadn't been rusty at all. Awesome. So. Much. Fun.
And even better than THAT, I got Christmas gifts from Margaret - a scarf and a CD - that will have lots of use in my computer at work. The CD that is, not the scarf. Plus Mrs. Yang gave me some leftovers of the meat and potatoes. Absolutely awesome.
And to top the whole night off? A little Burnout 3 action. Not too much, seeing as how Margaret was tired, but it still was enough to come up with some great fun AND some great quotes (like the one above).
Woo!
The whole night was so much more fun than I expected. I never get to see Margaret or Luke, so hanging out with them was wonderful. I hope I get to see them later this week - I'll see Margaret Thursday, but aside from that life's iffy - but this really was a great sign. I had fun, I laughed, I felt comfortable.
Totally. Awesome.
Give me some of your tots!
Labels: Friendship

<< Home