Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Don't Be Afraid

(it's just a little bunny)

Absence, #2. And I'm extremely unhappy.

Now, I understand that I was heading off to Richmond to see Julie. I was going to miss blogging for a couple days. But then I had some General Tso's from Sesame Inn and I was destroyed for two more.

General Tso's! From Sesame Inn! I've eaten at Sesame Inn without serious problem bordering literally on five hundred times. I've eaten there for as long as I can remember, at least fifteen years, probably bordering on twenty, and not once can I remember having a reaction to it like I did that horrendous night. I was in the bathroom every hour on the hour - I know, I looked at the clock - and was shaking uncontrollably whenever I got back from throwing up what I would describe as 'everything I've ever eaten'. Blaarrgh.

The worst part was, Monday was supposed to be my vacation day. The only trip I took was from my bed to the bathroom. Wheee.

Now, finally healthy and back at work, I can blog again. I won't be letting anything else mess up my blogging times. Even a quick send-off would do if my presence is required elsewhere. I will have this up every day. I refuse to keep making excuses. And in some way, I'm happy I don't allow comments directly on the blog because now it's up to me to keep it going for myself. And I'm happy that that's the real reason why I'm angry. So that bodes well for the future (and the future of this blog).

I got calls from people while I was sick, but the only two I remember were DW and Margaret. I don't remember DW's very well. It was something about seeing me. I think. I was pretty out of it. Margaret I remember a little more of because it was later in the day and I had just gotten my first three-hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep in two days. She was calling about meeting up with Martin and me (no matter how I write that, it sounds incorrect, even though I'm pretty sure that's gramatically correct. CURSE you 8th grade English!) and talking about the script. I can only hope Martin has been on top of it, because between Julie and the Tso's of the General I have been totally out of it. I'll give him a call tonight.

My volleyball and dodgeball teams are underway. We'll be playing right downtown, which is going to be a freaking blast. The mere fact I'm going to be playing dodgeball makes me want to laugh, but I think it's going to be great.

I hope Margaret got my message across to Marla. It's impossible to contact her otherwise. And with me being sick, I haven't had a chance to read up on the latest chapter updates. Hahaha. The mere thought makes me giddy in anticipation! I love a great story.

DW has put up a "2004 awards". I think I will be doing something similar, but - per my crazy, insane nature! - a little stranger. Of course, if I put up nominated candidates in my blog, how will people vote without being able to comment?
Perhaps they'll just have to leave votes on IM. Or at the very least, it would help me narrow down my choices. Either way, the 2004 awards will come tomorrow.
I'll have to think of a name for them too...

Labels: ,