Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, December 16, 2004

The Reindeer Used To Laugh And Call Him Names

(then Rudolph grabbed the shotgun)

I was on the phone so much last night. I had some absolutely wonderful conversations. I’m pretty sure my life is more confusing in some aspects than it’s ever been – particularly the women aspect - but at least I’m not totally wandering throughout the dark without a plan. I’m fully committed to doing anything that will further advance my own understanding of myself and what I want to do with my future. So I guess its more like walking through the dark with a semi-dim flashlight and a non-functional compass. But hey, we’ll see where it ends up…

2 people left me IM’s the other day that really surprised me. One was Anna, a friend from high school that I’ve talked to approximately 4 times in 5 years. The times she’s talked to me have always been bizarre, to say the least. Not in the conversation, but her prompting to talk. It’s always seemed strange. But just yesterday, she sent me an IM wishing I felt better. A singularly nice and unusual gesture.
Then Marla, another friend from high school who I haven’t talked to in years, sent me a link to her writing. Let me tell you, this girl can write. She was one of the three best writers I’ve known in the last five years. What prompted her to include me in this is beyond me, but I am very thankful.
So in summation, two IM’s from people I hadn’t talked to in forever with very nice messages! Any day that happens is a great day.

Today my muse is making some interesting points about my story and she (as usual) is distracting me from work. It’s amazing what looking objectively at your writing will do. I have two separate characters in my story that really have the same personality, the same situation, one dies and the other is introduced… and looking at this, I suddenly realize that what I’m unconsciously doing is bringing that character back to life. They need to be the same person! And as soon as I had that revelation things are really falling into place. What madness!

I’m also working on my Christmas shopping, which, to me, is always a fun, interesting challenge. I shop so rarely that to me, shopping is a new experience, and I don’t get worn down by what other people see as a hectic buying frenzy. I love Christmas, everything about it. I was sitting in my family room, with the tree (lights but no ornaments; family hanging of ornaments is this Sunday), the snow globes, Grace’s small miniature town with working railroad, the glass snowflakes hanging over the windows… it’s great being home. I’m lucky to have such a tight family.
Blessings to all who are not as fortunate in this life. May they be that much more blessed in the next.

Labels: , ,